With a conviction that the education of a child is not limited to the mind, but extends to the heart, a group of parents formed Santa Barbara Christian School in 1959 with the purpose of providing an excellent, faith-centered education for their children. Though the school was blessed with increasing numbers of students, the realities of Santa Barbara space lead to several location changes over the years.
The doors first opened at Alamar Foursquare Church in 1960 and then again in subsequent years at St. Vincent’s, Shoreline Community Church, Grace Church and Emmanuel Lutheran Church. The junior high was added in 1977 and, by 1982, the entire school was settled at the El Camino Public School campus where it remained until 1997.
After a time of transition, the school settled in 2004 at its present location where we are blessed to possess a permanent home. Current Head of School, Christopher Rutz joined the school in 2012. It is a privilege to see God’s hand of provision through our history and we look forward expectantly to what will come!